Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Will Fix it: What The Young Ones Say

Most of us when presented with a problem, try to find solutions. Immediately even. Some ponder and think and reach into their experience and wisdom and some use what they have learnt in classrooms and books and we work forward, with the strength of the background in focus.

As I was debating on what I must write today, and what facet of the girl power that must be addressed and I could write on, and this neat little short fell into my lap. I was drawn to the screen as it showed an Optometrist and a little kid. Since, optometry is close to my childhood heart and I grew up with visions of me in those shoes, I usually and quickly try and peek into what the article is about.

Once a nerd, always a nerd they say, and I am, and am unafraid of admitting it.

So, I clicked on the link and immediately, this young girl Lillian Pravda burst on to the screen with enthusiasm and cheer. 

A simple google search reveals some endearing and determined stories of how she did what she did. From building and being inquisitive at a young age  to how she goes about managing 8th grade and fundraising and getting adults to listen and take her seriously. 

What caught my attention, apart form her story, and her vivacious personality and all things eye, was how she defined what an Entrepreneur is.

".. Even if you are able to help ONE person, it makes a difference to that ONE, and that is what entrepreneurship is all about. It is about being Human."
She declares. With conviction and bated enthusiasm that sparkles in her eyes and reaches out to tug at your heart right through the camera.



There's a charm in seeing young ones go do their own thing.
There is a certain naive conviction and belief that is not marred by cynicism or grayness of all else that floods the adult world.

Probably the reason they also win and whoop our adult asses when it comes to gaming and video and mobile-phone games. They do not strategize much, they just do. They follow their heart and belief, in solutions and their workings and just DO.
..and that's what she did. Right here. 

Gotta love 'em!

Go ahead and listen to her. It's just 3.50 minute long here. 


Ps:
Blogger's just been crazy annoying and is refusing to let me embed here.

Which also means that I will be moving shortly, for a few reasons, so maybe it will happen this week! I am excited, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like? Love? Have an opinion? Even better if you are inspired! Talk to me.